We all experience the “break up” with out clients and members. No one likes it but it happens.
Immediately we begin to wonder what we did wrong or if there was some way we could be better. If not, you should be.
One of the biggest challenge we face as fit pros is keeping clients long term.
Not because they don’t like us or because we did not get results but they simply stopped having fun.
Fun is a very important factor that actually because in the mind of our clients, it is the absence of stress.
They need this. We all need this.
The program must contain more than just diets and exercise. They can get this anywhere. Sounds so simple right but its a huge problem.
Many small gyms are doing many things right but a few things they struggle with.
We put our client relationships on “cruise control” and figured they would always be there. Not so.
We lose the connection.
Retention, referrals and results are all about connections.
People stay where they feel a since of belonging and where they are challenged on a regular basis.
What I have learned from sending my 4 year old son to a Taekwondo is very profound.
Here is what I have found:
- They have a deliberate system that constantly promotes individual success. (the belt system)
- They promote client connection based on consistent and deliberate relaying of their values.
- They offer consistent events for everyone to participate in and display their hard work.
- Their training is “lessons” and it very FUN!
- They have the goal of “black belt” in mind which takes the attention off of the time it will take the person to get there. (profound)
Imaging someone that has to lose 100lbs or more?
How will we keep their attention?
What do you have in place?
To your success,